Philippine Skyrunning Association
16 April 2011, Mt Napulauan, Hungduan, Ifugao Province
The Hungduan Climbathon is a 21-km mountain running race traversing the historical Mt Napulauan in Ifugao Province, starting from Bokiawan Information Center, will pass through the world-famous rice terraces, ascend to the peak, and descend to the finish line at the Municipal Ground, Poblacion Hungduan. At a maximum elevation of 2642 meters asl, this race is officially classified as a SKYRACE, a mountain trail running race at high altitude.
This race will kick off the week-long celebration of the "Tungo Ad Hungduan" Festival, so participants will witness numerous attractions including cultural shows a tribal games, and will get to enjoy local delicacies.
Top 3 Men Overall
Top 3 Women Overall
Top winners will receive medals and valuable prizes from sponsors
P1000 per runner until March 15 (P900 for PSA-registered runner)
P1200 per runner until April 11 (1000 for PSA-registered runner)
P1500 per runner until April 15
Free for Residents of Hungduan and nearby towns
1. Deposit entry fee to BPI current account number 3191-0473-02 of the Philippine Skyrunning Association
2. Email scanned or photographed deposit slip to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Race name: HUNGDUAN CLIMBATHON
- Full name (s)
- Mobile number
Suggested or Sample Itinerary of Manila-Based Participants:
Apr 14, Thu
9pm – ETD Manila for Banawe via Florida Transport (buy ticket in advance), regular 9:10PM / deluxe 10:45PM daily, Earnshaw Sr cor. Loyola, Espana, Manila, Tel: +632-7433809 / 7315358, bus fare is around P400 - P450
For Baguio-based participants (or those coming from Baguio):
8pm - ETD Baguio to Banawe via KMS or Ohayami bus (station is beside Rizal Park in Baguio)
5am - ETA Banawe
Apr 15, Fri
6am – ETA Banawe, buy return ticket, breakfast, buy supplies, etc
8am – Leave Banawe for Hungduan via hired jeepney (Contact JC @ 09152853121 of PSA for assistance & coordination)
10am – ETA at Hundgduan, settle down at hosts' homes or school buildings
4pm - Race briefing (venue to be announced)
6pm - Dinner for a Cause, P500/ 2 pax; not mandatory but everyone is encouraged to join
Apr 16, Sat
5am - Assembly
6am - Climbathon proper
Post-race meal will be served to all paid participants.
3pm - Awarding of winners
4pm - Freshen-up
5:30pm - ETD for Banawe via hired jeepney (Contact JC @ 09152853121 of PSA for assistance & coordination)
7:30pm - ETA Banawe
8pm - ETD Manila via Florida Bus
Free accommodation at Hapao Elementary School (2.5kms from start line). Bring your own sleeping gears.
Homestays at Hapao (2.5kms from start line): P500/head with breakfast & dinner
Municipal Lodge: P100/head dorm-type
Contact JC 09152853121 of PSA for assistance & coordination.
* Each runner must be self-contained and self-reliant, complete with hydration pack or fuel belt, trail food and first aid kit
* The supplied race number bibs must be worn/pinned at the front of each runner.
* Water refilling stations will be available.
* The trail will be marked with blue ribbons, directional signs will be installed at appropriate junctions.
* Race marshals will be stationed along the course.
* Response teams are posted at pre-determined spots along the course.
* The use of trekking poles is permitted.
* Bringing of mobile phone is encouraged (fully charged and with load).
* Suggested things to bring: headgear, headlamp, raincoat.
* Suggested racing gear and attire: trail running shoes, shorts or full-length tights, short-sleeve or long-sleeve shirt
* In case of serious injuries of a fellow runner or other emergencies, runners are obligated to pause with his/her racing, extend the appropriate help, and call/text the race organizer.
Schedule of Activities of the 17th Tungo Ad Hungduan Festival:
16 Apr, Sat: Hungduan Climbathon, Awarding for Climbathon, Cultural Night
17 Apr, Sun: Marathon, Ethnic Parade, Opening Program, Awarding for Marathon, Ethnic Sports Competition
18 Apr, Mon: Youth Festival (ethnic games for the youth)
19 Apr, Tue: Closing Program
(program subject to change without prior notice)
This event is hosted and organized by the Municipal Government of Hungduan in cooperation with the Philippine Skyrunning Association (PSA), R.O.X., Salomon and Philippine Sports Commission (PSC).