Philippine Skyrunning Association
22~23 October 2011, Sat~Sun, Sabah, Malaysia
The participation of the Philippine contingent to this event is organized by the Philippine Skyrunning Association.
The 25th Mt Kinabalu International Climbathon is happening this October in Sabah Malaysia and you can be among those who will represent the Philippines. This special silver anniversary is not to be missed.
Be part of the Philippine contingent and take this 21-km mountain race challenge on one of the highest peaks in Southeast Asia amongst the best Skyrunners in the world.
To join the Philippine contingent:
1. Deposit your full or partial participation fee to the BPI current account number 3191-0473-02 of the Philippine Skyrunning Association Inc not later than 15 June 2011
2. Scan deposit slip and the page of your passport with photo (colored scan, make sure all data are readable) and email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with your mobile number.
Participation fee: P11,400
- Race registration
- One-month pass to enter Kinabalu park and mountain for training
- Kinabalu Park insurance fee for up to 2 training climbs
- Travel tax and terminal fee exemption for the first 20 entries
- 8-days 7-nights hostel accommodation in Kota Kinabalu (KK) and near Kinabalu Park
- Post-race meal on Oct 23
- Airport transfers to and from KK
- Bus/van transport from KK to Kinabalu Park and back
- Philippine team shirt
- Nominal contribution for the PSA-sponsored runners competing for the Philippines
- Discount on Salomon shoes
- Gift items from sponsors and supporters
- Open invitation to join PSA group training
- Inclusion in PSA e-group
- Alert on airline promos
Option 1: P3,400 payable until June 15; P4,000 until July 15; P4,000 until Aug 15
Option 2: P5,700 payable until June 15; P5,700 until Aug15
Option 3: P11,400 payable until June 15 (free fully sublimated racing jersey for this payment option)
Option 4: P14,000 payable unit Sept 15
Scan and email every deposit slip with your name to the email addresses stated above.
Other expenses not covered by participation fee:
-Round-trip airfare (promo fares offered by Cebu Pacific and AirAsia are about P3,000~P3,500, non-promo are much higher)
-Meals (each full meal costs only about P100~150)
-Bus fare to and from Clark Pampanga if flying via Air Asia
-Travel tax (P1620) and terminal fee (P500 in Clark, P750 in Manila) if not included in the first 20 entries.
Oct 17, Mon – Leave for Kota Kinabalu, via CebPac or AirAsia; stay in KK city for the night
Oct 18, Tue – Shop for supplies; ride a bus/van to Kinabalu Park; settle at the assigned accommodation
Oct 19, Wed – Practice run/trek
Oct 20, Thu – Practice run/trek
Oct 21, Fri - Optional practice run/trek for Men Open,
9am-6pm Registration at Liwagu Hall, Kinabalu Park
6pm Race briefing: Women Open and Men Veteran at Kinabalu Hall, Kinabalu Park
Oct 22, Sat - 7am RACE START FOR WOMEN AND MEN VETERAN
6pm Briefing: Men Open at Kinabalu Hall, Kinabalu Park
Oct 23, Sun - 7am RACE START FOR MEN OPEN CATEGORY
1230pm Post-race meal and awarding at Kinabalu Hall
3pm Departure of buses/vans from Kinabalu Park to KK
5pm Arrival at KK, check-in at hostels
Oct 24, Mon – Departure from KK to Manila /Clark
Training Run Sched
June 25 Mt Batulao
July 23 Mt. Pico de Loro
Aug 20-21 Mt. Sto. Tomas
Sept 17-18 Mt Pulag
Oct 8-9 Mt Pulag or Mt Ugo
Orientation and film showing for prospective participants and contingent members will be held on June 16 Thu, Aug 16 Tue and on Oct 6 Thu at ROX, Bonifacio High Street.